Volume 45, No. 3 - May & June 2013
U.S. $7.50; Canada/Mexico Air $9.50; Foreign Air $10.50
Photo By viriditas – en.wikipedia.org
- The Power of Alfalfa
- It turned out that the good advice Nick Lolonis got from CRFG cofounder Paul Thomson wasn’t quite what Nick needed. But it did nevertheless point him in a direction that made a
lasting impression about the therapeutic value alfalfa hay and alfalfa plantings can bring to
gardeners cultivating plants that mysteriously are not doing as well as they should be doing.
- Selecting and Saving Seed
- Bev Alfeld delves into the past in two ways with this article. She recounts a bit of her experience in seed saving as a youth, and into the University of Florida Herbarium and its valuable comparative seed collection, some of which was assembled in the 19th century.
- Fronds With Benefits
- Ian Crown dreams often of things that could be. Then he gets tired of waiting and makes
them come true. His Panoramic Fruit Company is a good example. In this article he shares
some interesting information about establishing trials of little-known palms in Puerto Rico.
- Backyard Grower: Aesthetic Fruit Tree Protection
- It was with some trepidation that Terry Spear submitted this article that turns out to be an
excellent one for our Backyard Grower series. There’s more than one way to solve a problem.
- News & Notices
Best of Both Worlds Festival 2013 Registration
Fruit Flash (Citrus Quarantine in Santa Barbara)
Fruit Shoot 2013 Photo Contest Rules
CRFG Officers, Chapters and Services
- Ask The Experts—GROWING FRUIT, LEARNING FROM FRIENDS
CRFG Kitchen—MORE TROPICAL RECIPES
Jamming with Jamlady—SEED SAVING
© Copyright 2013, California Rare Fruit Growers, Inc.
Questions or comments? Contact us.