Volume 38, No. 3 - May & June 2006
U.S. $5.00; Foreign Surface $6.00; Foreign Air $8.00
Photo By Ron Couch
- How-To: Grafting Avocado Trees
- In a way, avocados have become Julie Frink’s life. When she’s not working with avocado
trees and their fruit, she thinks about them and all the things that can be done with them,
not the least of which is cultivation. Here Julie presents step-by-step avocado grafting.
- Subtropicals and Tropicals for Orange County
- Eunice Messner offers an extensive and useful listing of tropical and subtropical
fruit trees that do well in Orange County. Eunice, an astonishingly successful fruit
gardener in her own right, has tested many of them in her lush terraced orchard.
- Lindcove Citrus Tour
- For many years Emory Walton made the pilgrimage from Los Angeles to Exeter, to
visit Lindcove Research Station’s annual tour and sample the fine citrus varieties
maintained there in a germplasm repository. After a long hiatus from this popular
event, Emory started attending again. He says it is still worth the effort to be
there. So do the visitors who went along with him this year and last year as well.
- Carica pentagona: Babaco or Chamburo
- Using “Fruit Facts” about the Babaco from CRFG’s website as a starting point,
Bob Wenski added valuable information about propagating and harvesting this
unusual fruit, and culinary advice as well. And to illustrate, he furnished an interesting
photographic record of his own Babaco growing efforts and results.
- News & Notices
- Citrus smuggling prosecuted
- CRFG magazine subscription application
- 2006 Festival of Fruit info
- Fruit News Flashes
- Organization contacts
- Ask the Experts
- CRFG Kitchen–Grape Treats
- Jamming with Jamlady–Pickle Power
- President's Message
- Seed Bank
- The Marketplace CRFG
© Copyright 2006, California Rare Fruit Growers, Inc.
Questions or comments? Contact us.