Volume 36, No. 5 - September & October 2004
U.S $5.00; Foreign Surface $6.00; Foreign Air $8.00
Photo by Richard Sar
- Noni: Miracle Fruit of the Century
- It is clear from this article that Maurice Kong has a high opinion of noni—and
high hopes for its future as a new curative substance in the world of medicine.
- Color Pictorial: Festival of Fruit 2004 a Huge Success
- The Los Angeles chapter and Festival Chairman Edgar Valdivia can take a lot of pride
in the 2004 Festival of Fruit; this year’s event will go down in CRFG annals as one of
the best ever. All of the photos illustrating the activities were furnished by Joe Sabol.
- From Greece: Olive Tree Growers? Yes, By Athena!
- From the windswept highlands of a venue we seldom see, Aliki Ammerman relates
the experiences of the uninitiated as they try to grow olives in a hostile environment.
- Notes on the Bunya-Bunya
- If you don’t know what Araucaria bidwillii is, Felipe Osborne Shea’s descriptions of
this unusual tree and its “nuts” will interest you, as is will his account of propagating it.
- Chapter Outing Pictorial: Gettin’ In On the Squeezin’s
- When Joe Sabol limbers up his digital camera, he covers his subjects thoroughly. In
this case Joe recorded an outing of the Central Coast chapter to see how olives are
grown and processed. It appears to have been a great day. The pictures tell the story.
- Color Pictorial: Fruit Shoot 2004 Photo Contest Winners
- Every year Emory Walton works behind the scenes to make the Fruit Shoot a reality,
never taking a bit of credit. For his recent success at bringing digital entries into the
contest, he deserves accolades for broadening our enjoyment of fine fruit photos.
- Fruit Brief
- Pineapple Guava Feijoa sellowiana by Alfredo Chiri
- News & Notices
- Fruit news flashes
- Complete list of Fruit Shoot entrants
- CRFG Planning Committee news
- Book review
- Refined instructions for free classified ads
- San Diego Chapter's annual plant sale
- Honoring Bill Whitman, RFCI Co-founder
- Ask the Experts–GLOMALIN UPSTAGES HUMIC ACID
- Container Gardening–NORTHERN EUROPE CITRUS
- CRFG Kitchen–NON-BERRY ANYTIME DELIGHTS
- Fruit Forum
- Organic Gardening–NOVEAU SNAIL CONTROL
- President's Message
- Seed Bank
- The Marketplace CRFG
© Copyright 2004, California Rare Fruit Growers, Inc.
Questions or comments? Contact us.