IMPORTANT: If you plan to attend one of these exchanges, we suggest you reconfirm all details a few days before the event.
- Thur. 2nd, Inland Empire Chapter, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM, Live demonstrations of cleft grafting, whip grafting, veneer grafting, air layering and propagation by stem cutting on the same night. Contact the chapter for details at inland-empire at crfg.org.
- Sat 4th, Santa Clara Chapter Scion Cutting work day at Emma Prusch Park, 647 S King Rd San Jose, CA 95116
- Fri 10th, North San Diego Chapter, 200 Michigan Ave Vista, Bldg 5 in the North County Lifeline complex, 7 pm
- Sat. 11th, Santa Clara Valley Chapter Exchange, Emma Prusch Park, Multicultural Center, 647 S King Rd, San Jose, CA 95116
10:00 a.m.: Members enter with current copy of the Fruit Gardener with membership expiration date.
11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.: General Public. Contact: scvcrfg.wordpress.com/activities, or [email protected]
- Sun. 12th, MONTEREY BAY Noon to 3:00 p.m. Annual Scion Exchange. Scionwood available of hundreds of heirloom and novel fruit varieties, grafting demonstrations. $5 entry for non-members.
Location: Cabrillo College Horticulture, Sanders Ave., Aptos, California. Parking fee applies.
Info: [email protected], or visit our website for more info on local fruit culture, and to join: mbcrfg.org
- Sat. 18th, Golden Gate Chapter Exchange, DVC Horticulture department, 321 Golf Club Road Pleasant Hill Noon to 3 p.m. Hundreds of varieties of fruit trees, shrubs and vines, will be available for propagation, in addition to rootstocks for sale, grafting classes, custom grafting service, plant drawing, silent auction, and more.Friendly expert advice for all your fruity questions- beginners are welcome! more info:https://crfg.org/chapters/golden_gate/scionex.htm or contact: Karen Andersen at this email address or Ashok Tambwekar at This Address
- Sat. 18th, Orange County Chapter Exchange, Orange County Fairgrounds, Millennium Barn. Starts at 9:00 AM (Regular meeting/grafting demonstration, Thur. Jan 17, at Niedringhaus Hall at the First Congregational Church of Santa Ana, 2555 Santiago St, Santa Ana, CA 92706. Starts at 7:30 PM. See the chapter website at ocfruit.com for more details. Send questions to [email protected])
- Sun. 19th, Sacramento Exchange, La Sierra Community Center, 5325 Engle Rd. Carmichael 95608, Members only set up 8-10, Members only 9-10, Public 10:00-1:00, Clean up 1:00-2:00, membership fee/entrance fee $5.00 Contact: Ray Sheehy, 530-383-1997, sacramento at crfg.org
- Wed. 22nd, San Diego Chapter Exchange, Balboa Park, Casa Del Prado, Room 101, San Diego, CA, 7:00 PM
- Thurs 23rd, Arizona Chapter Exchange. Location still TBD. Contact Doug Jones [email protected] or check FB page http://www.facebook.com/AZRFG/ for details
- Sat 25th, Redwood Empire Chapter Exchange, Santa Rosa Veteran’s Building, 1351 Maple Avenue, just across the street from the county fairgrounds. Doors open at 9 a.m. (free) for CRFG members, non-members are allowed in at 10 ($5), and the festivities end at 2 p.m. Contact: Phil Pieri, 707-795-6574, phil_p_2001 at yahoo.com
- Sat. 25th, Los Angeles Chapter Exchange, Sepulveda Gardens, Contact: Los-Angeles at crfg.org
- Sat. 1st Foothill Chapter, LA Arboretum, Palm and Bamboo Rooms, 9:30 AM. We suggest non-members donate $2. Contact chapter for details at foothill at crfg.org. LA Arboretum address is 301 N Baldwin Ave,Arcadia, CA 91007
- Sat. 8th, Mendocino Permaculture’s 36th annual Winter Abundance Workshop (including classes, Scion and Seed Exchange- all free) Mendocino County Fairgrounds, Hwy 128, Booneville, CA. From 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Contact: Mark Albert [eeb_email email=”[email protected]” display=”[email protected]”]
- Sat. 8th, Humboldt Permaculture Guild’s 5th annual Scion Exchange
Bayside Community Hall, Bayside, Ca. 11-2pm. Free.
All community members welcome to freely exchange scion, roots and shoots of all fruit producing trees, shrubs and vines. Rootstock for sale and free educational workshops on grafting and other propagation techniques.
More info call: (707) 672-3102 or Humboldt Permaculture Guild on Facebook
- Sat. 8th, West Los Angeles Chapter, Multipurpose Room, Culver City Veterans Memorial Building. Registration/scionwood donation 10-10:30; Grafting demonstrations 10:30 -11:00, free and open to the public. Scion exchange for members 11:00-11:30. Scion exchange for nonmembers 11:30-12:00. Contact chapter’s website for further details.
- Sat 15th, South Bay Chapter Grafting Demonstration followed by annual scion exchange. 10 am. South Coast Botanic Garden, 26300 Crenshaw Boulevard, Palos Verdes Peninsula, CA 90274, Classroom A near the entrance area. It is free to attend the meeting without paying admission to the botanic garden. Paid members will be first in for the scion exchange.
- Sat. 22nd, Central Coast Chapter Scion Exchange (no citrus!!) and Grafting Party. Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, Crops Unit. Clinic with 6 expert grafters teaching all afternoon. Avocado grafting included! Selected dormant rootstock and grafting supplies for sale. Free admission! Store open at 1:00 PM with 10 different rootstocks on sale. Exchange open 1:30 PM. Contact: Joe Sabol, 805-544-1056, jsabol at calpoly.edu or check out the Central Coast website for more information and updates
- Sat 7th, Sequoia Chapter Scion Exchange, College of the Sequoias, Tulare Campus,4999 East Bardsley Ave.,Tulare, CA 93274 Time: probably 9-12 though still to be locked down
Contacts: Richard Smith (CRFG)([email protected], 559-322-4695) or Ramon Flores (COS Tulare)([email protected], 559-909-3918).