IMPORTANT: If you plan to attend one of these exchanges, we suggest you reconfirm all details a few days before the event.
- Thur. 5th, Inland Empire Chapter, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM, Live demonstrations of cleft grafting, whip grafting, veneer grafting, air layering and propagation by stem cutting on the same night. Contact the chapter for details at inland-empire at crfg.org.
- Sat. 7th, Scion Cutting work day (CRFG members only) at Emma Prusch Park, 647 S King Rd San Jose, CA 95116
- Sat. 14th, Santa Clara Valley Chapter Exchange, Emma Prusch Park, Multicultural Center, 647 S King Rd, San Jose, CA 95116
10:00 a.m.: Members enter with current copy of the Fruit Gardener with membership expiration date.
11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.: General Public. Contact: scvcrfg.wordpress.com/activities, or
- Sun. 15th, Monterey Bay Chapter Exchange, near Santa Cruz at Cabrillo College Horticulture Center, 6500 Soquel Drive, Aptos, CA 95003 Noon to 3 p.m. Free for CRFG members, $5 for public. grafting demonstrations and lots of apple rootstock available Contact: Michael Kusiak, 831-332-4699,
- Fri. 20th, North San Diego County Chapter Exchange, Mira Costa College Student Center, second floor, Oceanside, CA, 7:00 PM
- Sat. 21st, Golden Gate Chapter Exchange, Ed Roberts Campus, next to Ashby BART, 3075 Adeline Street, Berkeley CA 94703. Noon to 3 p.m. Hundreds of varieties of fruit trees, shrubs and vines, will be available for propagation, in addition to rootstocks for sale, grafting classes, custom grafting service, plant drawing, silent auction, and more.Friendly expert advice for all your fruity questions- beginners are welcome! more info:http://www.crfg.org/chapters/golden_gate/scionex.htm or contact: Karen Andersen at or Ashok Tambwekar at
- Sat. 21st, Orange County Chapter Exchange, Orange County Fairgrounds, Millennium Barn. Regular meeting, Thur. Jan 19, Silo Building, 7:30 PM. Grafting techniques will be demonstrated
- Sun. 22nd, Sacramento Exchange, New Venue: La Sierra Community Center, 5325 Engle Rd. Carmichael 95608, Members only set up 8-10, Members only 10-11, Public 11:00-2:00, Clean up 2:00-3:00, membership fee/entrance fee $5.00 Contact: Ray Sheehy, 530-383-1997, sacramento at crfg.org
- Wed. 25th, San Diego Chapter Exchange, Balboa Park, Casa Del Prado, Room 101, San Diego, CA, 7:00 PM
- Sat. 28th, Redwood Empire Chapter Exchange, Santa Rosa Veteran’s Building, 1351 Maple Avenue, just across the street from the county fairgrounds. Doors open at 9 a.m. (free) for CRFG members, non-members are allowed in at 10 ($5), and the festivities end at 1 p.m. Contact: Phil Pieri, 707-795-6574, phil_p_2001 at yahoo.com
- Sat. 28th, Los Angeles Chapter Exchange, Sepulveda Gardens, Contact: Los-Angeles at crfg.org
- Sat. 4th, Mendocino Permaculture’s 32nd annual Winter Abundance Workshop (including classes, Scion and Seed Exchange- all free) Mendocino County Fairgrounds, Hwy 128, Booneville, CA. From 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Contact: Mark Albert
- Sat. 4th, Foothill Chapter, LA Arboretum, Lecture Hall A, 9:30 AM. Contact chapter for details at foothill at crfg.org
- Sat. 11th, West Los Angeles Chapter, Multipurpose Room, Culver City Veterans Memorial Auditorium. Contact chapter’s Facebook page for details.
- Sat. 18th, Central Coast Chapter Scion Exchange (no citrus!!) and Grafting Party. Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, Crops Unit. Clinic with 6 expert grafters teaching all afternoon. Avocado grafting included! Selected dormant rootstock and grafting supplies for sale. Free admission! Store open at 1:00 PM with 10 different rootstocks on sale. Exchange open 1:30 PM. Contact: Joe Sabol, 805-544-1056, jsabol at calpoly.edu or check out the Central Coast website for more information and updates