Volume 48, No. 2 - March & April 2016
U.S. $7.50; Canada/Mexico Air $9.50; Foreign Air $10.50
Photo from pixabay.com
- On a Treasure Hunt for the Jujube Tree
- This is a two-part series on jujubes written 25 years ago by our much-admired Roger Meyer, who passed away in late November. Roger’s treasure hunt for jujube trees led him eventually to devote substantial time and energy to the establishment of jujube in the fruit world of the U.S. Something so close to him and his interests seemed a most fitting accompaniment to a more comprehensive tribute to him than was possible in the January & February issue.
- Coconuts and Coco-Sap in Thailand
- Each year in the colder, darker months, Beverly Alfeld gets a case of the midwinter blues.
You might call it cabin fever. Her cure for this is traveling to warmer climes in search of a
change of pace, and often on a quest for the unusual. This is a travelogue about Thailand.
- Goodbye, Pacay
- Don Winterstein’s fruit tree adventures continue. This is an interesting account of how he
ended up with an unproductive and very uncooperative pacay tree and how he dealt with it.
- Small Space, Big Harvest
- Mel Smith seems to be hitting his stride with these articles recounting visits to the fruit
gardens of friends. This one is about Marv & Pett Daniels’ unusually compact fruit garden.
- Ask the Experts—SHIPOVA, LEAF MINER & SUNBURN
From the Editor
From the President
Fruit Tree Adventures—GOODBYE, PACAY
The CRFG Kitchen (New Manager)—LIGHT AND NUTRITIOUS
Jamming with Jamlady—COCONUTS AND COCO-SAP
- CRFG Officers, Chapters and Services
Festival of Fruit Reminder
Lost Friends —ROGER MEYER TRIBUTES
© Copyright 2016, California Rare Fruit Growers, Inc.
Questions or comments? Contact us.