Volume 46, No. 2 - March & April 2014
U.S. $7.50; Canada/Mexico Air $9.50; Foreign Air $10.50
Photo by Art DeKleine
- Best of Both Worlds Overview
- Phil Pieri felt led to write a quick review of the Best of Both Worlds Conference in Hawaii
late last year, while the adventure was still fresh in his mind. Combining Phil's story with great
photos furnished by Art DeKleine, Jenny Hom and Joe Sabol makes the account complete.
- Lake Alfred, Florida
- Jamlady never just sits still during liesure time; she generally starts digging into any situation
to see what makes things tick. In this mode while in the role of snowbird, she began
looking at the dread citrus greening disease in Florida, and ended up examining how the
residents of Lake Alfred, Florida, have been dealing with that disease and other adversities.
So in due course this article became an account of adapting and overcoming difficulties.
- 2013 Fruit Shoot Winners
- In his usual style, Emory Walton coordinated judging with the crfg development fund and
eventually served up the 2013 Fruit Shoot photo contest winners. Most readers probably will
be unaware that while doing this, Emory was also up to his neck in collaborative planning of
the wonderfully successful Best of Both Worlds Conference held in Hawaii late last year.
- Are You Unknowingly Soaking Up Those Rays?
- Sometimes when a few people start kicking around a topic, they come up with a genuinely
good idea. In this instance the topic was gardening in the sun safely, and that became a set of
timely sun-safety questions and answers by James Longabaugh MD, Joe Sabol, Art DeKleine.
- News & Notices
- 2014 Fruit Shoot Contest Rules
CRFG Officers, Chapters and Services
- Ask The Experts—LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION!
CRFG Kitchen—DO MORE WITH GRAINS
Jamming with Jamlady—LAKE ALFRED, FLORIDA
© Copyright 2014, California Rare Fruit Growers, Inc.
Questions or comments? Contact us.