Volume 40, No. 6 - November & December 2008
U.S. $5.00; Foreign Surface $6.00; Foreign Air $8.00
- The Engkala
- Regular readers know by now that Felipe Osborne Shea can be relied upon to furnish us with offbeat and interesting articles about plants of Puerto Rico that bear edible fruit. This one is no exception: a curious little fruit related to the avocado.
- Celebrating CRFG’s 40-Year Anniversary
- In 1988 Todd Kennedy published an article in the CRFG Yearbook recounting the first twenty years of our organization. Picking up that thread of thought, Edgar Valdivia describes with pride the state of CRFG after an additional twenty years.
- Fruit Shoot 2008 Photo Contest Winners
- Once again Emory Walton comes through, masterfully managing an aesthetically pleasing photo contest that not only grows bigger each year, it gets better as well.
- Festival of Fruit 2008 Pictorial and Report
- The images comprising this pictorial clearly show that members can still have a great time at a Festival of Fruit, even when dark clouds are scudding across our economy. Richard Snyder’s sidebar report succinctly outlines a successful event.
- Dates: A Delicacy Through the Ages
- After a long hiatus, Alice Ramirez has once again volunteered her talents in support of the Fruit Gardener. As a warm-up, she offers a refurbished article on dates published more than 20 years ago, and extends it with unpublished information.
- Destination Australia
- In this second episode of a three-nation fruit tour, Maurice Kong describes what he saw in Australia and laments about things he didnít see, especially rare fruits.
- Fruit Briefs
- Jujube Ziziphus jujuba
- News & Notices
- Chapter Calendar
CRFG Business-Financial Statement
CRFG Officers and Chapters
Fruit Shoot 2008 List of Contestants
- Book Review–GREEN BLACK RED
- Book Review–THE HOME ORCHARD
CRFG Kitchen–AVOCADOS MEASURE UP
From the Editor
From the President
Jamming with Jamlady–HOLIDAY RECIPES
The Marketplace CRFG
© Copyright 2008, California Rare Fruit Growers, Inc.
Questions or comments? Contact us.