Volume 33, No. 1 - January/February 2001
U.S $4.00; Foreign Surface $5.00; Foreign Air $7.00
- Worm Castings, Part II of IV: The Growth Advantage!
- In the second installment of a four-part series, George Hahn details
university and other studies on vermiculture and gives a breakdown
- Thailand: Supatraland and Nong Nooch
Tropical Gardens--Part II of IV: Bangkok
- Maurice Kong continues his colorful fruit-sampling tour of southeast Asia
- Atemoya: A Delicious Hybrid
- With style, Kayla Weber extols the virtues of this cherimoya-sugar apple cross prized for its custard-like texture and delicate taste
- A Modern Method: The Use of Parafilm in Grafting
- Mits Kawahara says you don’t have to burn your knuckles melting wax
over the kitchen range anymore; it’s a lot easier to dress grafts nowadays
- Meet Moringa oleifera, the "Drumstick Tree"
- The first time he saw the elongated seed pod of the Moringa, Mits Kawahara
wasn’t sure what to think, but after taking a good look he calls it a "wonder tree"
- First Reports from the Festival of Fruit
- David Noels holds forth on a plethora of little-known Australian flora
- New Zealand kiwifruit expert Ross Ferguson brings us up to date on the
commercial status and new darlings of this increasingly popular fruit family
- CRFG’s papaya specialist Bob Wenski offers a lot of
practical advice on papaya propagation and cultivation
- Fruit Tree and Vine Care Calendar
- Data courtesy of UC Cooperative Extension, sent in by Sacramento Chapter
- Who Farms Guavas in Santa Monica?
- David Karp knows a lady who does, and she cooks fish in guava sauce too
- Ask the Experts (Fruit Flies, Fruits and Nuts)
Container Gardening (A Year Zips By)
Publications & Merchandise List
© Copyright 2001, California Rare Fruit Growers, Inc.
Questions or comments? Contact us.